04 April 2010

Vrolijk Pasen!


Happy Easter!

Every year for as long as I can remember we've dyed Easter eggs. I'm talking about even last year. No matter that the kids are adults themselves. It's just something we always did.

I hope they dye Easter eggs :)

So since it's Easter, Jim and I decided at the last minute to drive to Cologne (Köln), Germany and visit the Cologne Cathedral. It's only an hour and a half away and we probably won't be able to get within a mile of it on this holiday, but you never know. Not only is the cathedral itself majestic, it also houses the Shrine of the Three Kings - aka the remains of the three wise men . . . as in Jesus, Bethlehem, Magi. Those wise men.

This picture from the internet makes it look pretty amazing. I hope we get close enough to take some of my own. Maybe even go inside and not have to hover over it.



1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on your blog now that we're home. Of course we dyed eggs! Pictures to follow soon!

    ReplyDelete