07 April 2010

At random


Do you ever look through your photo library and ask yourself "Why haven't I already deleted that?" or "Why haven't my photography skills improved?" Well, here are some random photos in which I have asked these same questions. . .

No, this is not what you think it is. It's contact lenses. Keep in mind you can't buy Tylenol over-the-counter for a headache, but you can buy contact lenses.


After assembling this little toy, I couldn't quite figure out what he's doing. I thought he looked like he was snickering because he just peed in this fountain, but Jim thinks he's snickering because the water faucet is upside down. Either way, I had no idea the Smurfs were so mischievous?


And speaking of Smurfs, I was unable to find one in Belgium for our grandson Frazier so we went to Toys R Us in NYC and while there I took a photo of these monuments made of Legos. We did find a Smurf too.


Also while we were in NYC, we saw these master photographers with huge lenses taking pictures of what looked like the apartment complex bordering Central Park. We were told they were looking for a red-tailed hawk, but I don't know. . .


And speaking of red-tailed hawk, this is not one. It's a pheasant and we saw a whole village of them on our way back from picking up the Westvleteren bier. They were very quick. I'm not sure if this picture is clear or blurry.


And back to NYC. This is the National Debt. The U.S. National Debt. That's in dollars and thankfully not Euros. The number was constantly changing and as you might guess - it got bigger, not smaller :~/


Just when you think you've got everything you could possibly need in a kitchen, you run into this problem. Luckily we had a Leatherman and someone to work it.


When we were on our way to Bremen, Germany we saw this restaurant stretching across the interstate. It was a Burger King! So on our way back, I was all ready to take a photo of it. This is the one I took - too soon.

And here's the one I took - too late. That is the bottom of the restaurant as we passed under it : /


Ross took this photo on our way to Reims, France for New Year's Eve. This date is pretty obvious, but sometimes it's not so easy. Like when it reads 08/05/09. That's not August 5th. It's May 8th! Keeps me on my toes.


Ross also took this picture of our GPS while we were driving through the Alps . . . at night . . . looking for our hotel. It says to turn in 23 km, but we actually turned at every one of those loops.


I'm not sure what this fruit is called, but we had them for the first time when at Emilie's house in France. They don't have much taste, but when you throw the pit in the fireplace, a little while later it pops loudly and makes you jump since the "pop" is just long enough for you to forget you threw it it in the fire.


If you're a fan of Brian Regan you'll appreciate this sign. Moosen - plural for moose.


This rabbit was for sale at the pet store where we bought Winslow's coat. It was huge and kinda made me feel creepy. Rabbits must be a popular pet here because there's a whole section for rabbit food and accessories at the grocery store. He would need a bigger coat that Winslow.


I don't know if you have these flavors available at your grocery store. I mean specifically the fig and rhubarb. I know you have aardbei. The fig is good and the rhubarb is my new favorite!


A table like this is set up at almost every store that sells anything that can be considered a gift - which is pretty much everything. As you leave the store you can giftwrap your item. Free. Those are some bowls we bought. They weren't a gift, but we did wrap them up so they wouldn't break. Oh, and that sign says: KEEP CLEAN, PLEASE. That A.U.B. is an abbreviation for the word "alstublieft" which means "please" and "here you are", and well, it's used for a lot of things. Hence the need for an abbreviated form.



But I would have to say for the most part, thankfully not too many of pictures turn out like these next ones.

It was windy that day, but this was taken inside :~/


It looks like I fell down taking this one, but I actually don't even remember it . . . taking the picture - not falling down.


I definitely should have labeled this one. Amsterdam airport, maybe?


And I'm always asking Jim to take our picture since his arm is longer than mine. It usually takes a few tries.


Do we use a flash? Do we not use a flash? Try again.


And despite his best efforts, sometimes I'm not even in the picture. That's my hat.


And this pretty much says it all.


2 comments:

  1. I just love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah- a new favorite post! Tres funny. I'm so jealous of your rhubarb yogurt! Are those fruits from Emilie's lychees maybe?

    ReplyDelete