22 April 2010

Sundry


This car is parked beside our house.
I pass it every day. I like that sticker.

I don't know the age or history of our house.
I'm thinking there may have been a doctor's office here at one time?

Our collection thus far.

Found these in our kelder (basement/cellar).
Tried them in every lock - nothing.

This is a tulip tree!

I found all the ingredients.

Not bad, huh?

Oh, and Sonic, I have an idea.

On a street near our house.

Several years ago, for two whole years, I was a vegetarian. Although some people are able to do this for a lifetime and I seriously admire them, two years was too long for me. I still try not to think about it too much for fear I will regress. You know, those sad cow eyes and all.

So, after two years of veggin' it, one day I decided enough is enough and I got my favorite sandwich from Subway - meatball marinara - and I never looked back. I guess I just snapped.

There is a Subway in downtown Hasselt. I know . . . fast food, but other than McDonald's which is on the outskirts of town, this is it. On this day, I happened by, read the sign outside, the meatball marinara was the "Sub van de Dag" and what can I say, I snapped.


When our children were little, we would visit Jim's grandmother as often as we could. She always had a jar of Juicy Fruit gum and a small box of toys. My kids loved to get that box out of the closet and play with the things inside. It was just a random mix of crayons, books, puzzles . . .

I wonder what happened to all those things in that box.

We came to Belgium with only the essentials. We have no extras here. No toys, crayons, or books.

The house we live in was previously occupied for almost 10 years by a family with three young boys. Occasionally I find a toy under the cabinet or in the yard. And I add to the collection from time to time. There's a 5 pound note inadvertently brought back from the UK, some legos, a couple of Smurf figurines I got in chocolate Easter eggs, a snail shell I found, 2 U.S. dimes, a spoon Ross found at Lake Lausanne, Switzerland, a mussel shell, a Bertolli soccer ball I found in the shrubs . . .


I wash everything really good and put it away in a coffee can. I'm not even sure what some of it is, but I bet a little boy or girl could make good use of all this stuff :)

This post is in the park by our house.
I figure I have passed it a hundred times and never noticed it
. . . until yesterday.
Vrede.

No comments:

Post a Comment