16 April 2010

Golf with the huisbaas


Our neighbors love to golf. It seems to be their main/only hobby.

I, for one, have never golfed. I have never even considered golfing. I have absolutely no desire to even drive by a golf course. Golfing has never made my list of the 1,000 things to do before I die. If I had a list, it would go right down there with hockey.

Golf/hockey = not for me.

So, you can imagine my excitement when I received a personal invitation to golf with Annemie. All I was thinking was "what was she thinking?". And all Jim could say was "it's harder than you think".

Me: So you think I can't do it?
Jim: I'm just saying it's harder than you might think.
Me: You think I can't do it.
Jim:
Me: I accept that as a challenge. And your apology.

Hockey, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'd be about as good at gold as I am at gardening and ironing. Judging by my record in putt putt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went TWICE and my ball just rolls and rolls...which is odd because in bowling when you are suppose to roll, I loft. I also do that when I play pool. CRAZY! I think I will stick to archery, darts, and skeet shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for pictures and maybe a video. I'm with Jim, though........but I'll just leave it at that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete