04 November 2009

These boots are made for walking

. . . or at least some of them are. You may remember I swore off high heels some time ago.

I would estimate 99% of the women in Hasselt own at least one pair of boots. And I may in fact be underestimating. I have never seen so many boots. Of course, it's no wonder because not only is it pretty chilly already, it's often rainy as well. So naturally, they are a "must have".

I am now in search of a pair of boots for myself which should to be a challenge with the diameter of my calves rivaling that of my thighs. Many women tuck their pants legs into the boots, but I can only imagine what Stacy would say about that in combination with my pear shape.

And it only makes sense for them to be black, right? But then no wearing them with brown. And buying 2 pair (black and brown) would be ridiculous, right?

So I went looking yesterday for the perfect pair:

black (of course)

stylish (trying to look European is sooooo hard)

low heel (but not too low - I do want to wear them out of the house, but don't want to catch the heel point in a cobblestone and have to sacrifice it)

large calf area (see above)

pointed toe (but not too pointed - no corner cleaners)

and above all, affordable (assuming this actually exists).

I had no idea how difficult this would be. Impossible maybe.

Here are fotos of just 2 winkels (stores), right next door to each other, of at least 25 winkels that carry boots and this is just what's in the window! I came home empty-handed, but haven't given up yet. Wish me luck.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is a huge selection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim says boots would make me look like I was standing in a stove pipe. That stopped me from boot shopping.

    ReplyDelete