11 November 2009

Free Flemish Lessons

I got this creepy feeling when I read the comments on my blog yesterday. A stranger had posted a comment. That's right. Someone, that as far as I know, I do not know. Why would anyone who doesn't know me be interested in my blog? I imagine many people who DO know me who aren't interested in my blog. I found this very strange and, oh invasive, somehow.

Then, I realized that I also stalk someone else's blog. She is a friend of a friend, but she doesn't know me and as far as I know she doesn't know I read her blog. Her blog is really witty and I thoroughly enjoy reading what she writes.

However, now that this invasion has occurred, I decided to send a comment to her so she knows. Not only that I'm stalking her, but that I really enjoy her blog :)

Uh, picker of nits stranger who knows all words Flemish, you should do the same.

4 comments:

  1. It's me again :-) I found your blog on an expat site somewhere (expatica maybe?). And I just find it interesting/funny/enlightening to see what 'non-natives' think of Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks! Hope to hear from you again sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Same here. Although I came here by following a google link after doing a search for Americans in Belgium. And as luck would have it, I live very near to Hasselt - in Bolderberg to be specific, the neighbourhoods around the Zolder race circuit.

    Anyway, just thought I'd say hi as well. I hope you and your family are enjoying yourselves and I wish you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is anyone still in hasselt willing to give free flemish lessons?? I would be very interested!

    ReplyDelete