25 November 2009

Never leave home without...


a paraplu and a spare if you have one.

I am short one paraplu as of yesterday. And it was my favorite. It opened AND closed with just the push of a button. Anyway, I was walking home from the wassalon, carrying 2 bags of clean laundry, in the rain, when the wind whipped my paraplu right out of my hand and it went sailing off as far as I could see. The only thing that stopped it was when it stuck completely flat against the shovel of a backhoe.

I found the whole thing so funny and couldn't help but laugh at what had just happened to my umbrella. Of course, I was sure anyone who saw me laughing (alone) would surely think I was schizo (given that I often portray a homeless look already with my laundry bags, goat-chewed hair, and my "all wrong" shoes). Add to that me walking now in the rain WITHOUT a paraplu.

So I used to say in the South "I don't leave home without my shades". I now say "I don't leave home without my paraplu and a spare."

1 comment:

  1. ROFL...something about "goat chewed" sends me into hysterics. You know how to paint a hysterical mental image!

    ReplyDelete