20 November 2009

Randomness

I couldn't resist buying this bag of Circus Marys.


This is the biggest ginkgo tree I've ever seen and this lawn was just beautiful all covered with leaves.

Know what those are? Yep, those little turtles we got as kids. And they even have the little bowl with the palm tree and everything! You know it's illegal to sell these in the US because they carry salmonella. I don't know why they can sell them here!


Jim asked me to take a picture of this alligator we saw in a window in Edinburgh. It's not nearly as big as the one he plans to carve for our yard upon our return to the States. And I have always envisioned a full scale alligator in our yard so I can. not. wait. Ours will be more like the size of the one at Randoll's in Lafayette. You know, the kind you can stretch out on.


Our first major purchase was this coffeemaker. Isn't she a beauty? With only two features - on and off - you can see why we'd pay over - well I won't get started on that again. Plus the added bonus of what it does for our little kitchen. And BTW, that is one entire side of our kitchen. Counter space is at a premium.



You may remember from a previous post the huge loaf of bread that is used to make these yummy sandwiches called kebaps. Here's a photo of one we got at a restaurant in Genk. It's got really thin chicken that's roasted on one of those spiral grill things like at Greek restaurants + a salad mix + a picante sauce sorta like the tiger sauce at Copeland's. Did I mention it is yummy?


To date, I had not seen a cocktail on any menu . . . until now. We got this mojito also at a restaurant in Genk. Nice presentation, huh?


On our way to and from Scotland on KLM Airlines, we received these little Coke Lights. Isn't this the cutest little can of Coke you've ever seen?


And for those of you who have been living in a cave for the last 50+ years - smoking kills. Here's a cigarette package I saw on the street. It says "smoking kills" in Dutch, French, and German. I don't know about France and Germany, but this huge message has been no deterrent in Belgium. Smoking is fine and well in Belgie.


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment