29 November 2009

Speculoos


You may know these cookies if you've traveled on Delta Airlines because they serve a similar little cookie that I love! I even found them in the States and was so excited when I did.

These cookies are everywhere here and the closer the holidays get, the more I see them. I've been buying them prepackaged at the grocery store since I got here.

Anyway, I decided to get an education on these cookies and was so surprised when I saw this on Wikipedia. Read in particular, paragraph 5. [Hit the back arrow to return to the blog]


Well, naturally I had to go in search of these famous cookies made in Hasselt and that made it onto Wikipedia! Here they are (appears to be Sinterklaas). You can buy them even bigger (and smaller too). This one is about a ft. tall (or ~ .3048 m :). They are kind of like a gingerbread cookie, only not quite as soft.


No comments:

Post a Comment