01 October 2009

Should I pack my kilt?

I wasn't sure if I'd get to go to Scotland. The last trip Jim made there for a meeting was while I was still in the States. Turns out he's going again and I'm going to get to go too!

The destination is Inverness which is north in the Highlands. Hence the reference to taking my kilt. I really don't have a kilt, but those of you who know me well know how good I am on the bagpipes. I should blend in well.

We will fly into Edinburgh and spend one night then take a train to Inverness. This should prove to be the ultimate Dramamine test (another trip to the apotheek) since the distance is a 2 to 3 hour trip through the Scottish countryside. I really hope I can make it as it would be such a shame to spend the entire drive laying down on the seat :/

I (or Jim in the case the Dramamine fails me) will take lots of postcard-worthy snaps.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are getting to experience so much. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. My grandfather had a little kilt on when he came from Glascow. He was four. My mother's grandfather had such a heavy Scotch brogue she could barely understand him.

    ReplyDelete