25 October 2009

Ijs

Yesterday, as we were walking around downtown Hasselt, we noticed some ijs (ice) sculptures celebrating 70 years for fashion designer Stijn Helson. He's sort of a local celebrity, I guess you'd say. He was the designer for Hollywood movies like Spiderman and Pirates of the Caribbean. There are three Helson stores in Hasselt - Women's, Men's and a Concept Store.

The nicest thing happened one time when I was looking around in the Men's store. I didn't buy anything, but as I was about to leave, one of the men working in the store practically broke his neck to get to the door and open it for me as I left. He said something nice is Flemish that sounded like "thank you, come again, and have a good day". How many stores have you shopped in where the clerk does that?

Women's Store

Concept Store

Men's Store
(that's a garment bag, ribbon, etc. in the ice)

1 comment:

  1. Every so often a student will open a door for me at school and sometimes run ahead of me so they can get to the door before me! I'm usually lugging a book bag, coffee, purse, lunch, and newspapers (from the driveway)....soooo I really do appreciate this unexpected and very rare act first thing in the AM.!! Too bad it is so rare.

    ReplyDelete