16 October 2009

The long journey . . .

. . . will begin today about Noon when they leave Jefferson headed to the airport. Thanks to Jim for taking this on really just isn't enough. And after a week of reunion and near impossible goodbyes.

Jim will check Winslow right along with his luggage. I wish I knew exactly what that means for a dog. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all that paperwork I got on animal export is sufficient.

At 15:00 (3:00 pm) will depart Shreveport bound for Atlanta. So maybe only 3 - 4 hours in the crate and his first take off and landing. Then shuttle to the hotel for the night in preparation for the really long flight tomorrow.

Which will begin at check-out. Hopefully they honored that "late checkout request" since the flight departs at 17:40 (5:40 pm)! A shuttle back to the airport then hoisted onto the belt as checked baggage again "at least 2 hours early for international flights". Fortunately the flight from Atlanta to Brussels is only 8 hours as opposed to the flight from Brussels to Atlanta which is usually 10 or 11. Something about the tailwind.

So, what are we up to now, 10 - 11 hours in the crate upon arrival in Brussels? And his second take off and landing? Then hopefully a potty break somewhere. I don't recall seeing a grassy knoll at the Brussels airport : /

And the one hour drive to Hasselt. At last, home. Boy, will I be glad to see them both. Did I say thanks to Jim really isn't enough?




No comments:

Post a Comment