13 October 2009

My favorite singer is . . .

You may remember that soon after I left for Belgium, the internet at our house in Jefferson decided to crap out. So on Labor Day weekend Ross was at the house in Jefferson trying to get the internet to work. I chatted with at&t for about and hour and was unable to answer one #$@*)%^! security question so they would NOT help me.

I swore I had never answered the question "Who's your favorite singer?" in the first place. I was certain not only did I not have a favorite singer, but I would have remembered answering that question. So that was that. They would NOT help me. No internet.

Well, now Jim is in Jefferson and he and Ross were AGAIN trying to get the internet to work and I AGAIN chatted with at&t for about 4 hours! Yes, 4 hours! I was determined they were going to help me regardless of whether I could answer that #$@*)%^! question. I even started guessing at what I might have said (assuming I actually answered it). Of course, I was wrong every time. Well, you guessed it, they would NOT help me. AGAIN.

So I gave up.

So then I decided I'd just order NEW service and cancel my old service (with the #$@*)%^! question I can't answer). Amazingly I could order NEW service without answering ANY questions, but you guessed it. . . could NOT cancel my old service online. Requires a phone call at $1.00 per second from over here.

So I gave up.

Well, after another 6 hr phone call from the U.S. (do the math on that in Euros had I made the call), I don't know how he did it, but Jim somehow got the answer to the elusive #$@*)%^! question.

And turns out my favorite singer is . . .

James Taylor.

I think I'll write that down this time.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! And now you know:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't try that! Now I'm curious what you did guess.

    ReplyDelete