14 October 2009

Driving on the wrong side of the road and fishing

When we were in Scotland, I tried to capture on video the amazing feat of driving on the opposite side of the road AND having the driver's seat on the "wrong" side as well. I still think you have to see it in real life, but here's a couple of videos I took.


Plus, most of these cars are standard shift. Imagine shifting with your left hand?! I am forever grateful that we didn't move to a country that drives on the "wrong" side of the road. I would go head-on first thing. It is just inconceivable how that works. It's really hard to appreciate it.

I also saw this older man fishing and it sorta looked picturesque with him in his fishing attire. You can't really tell, but he's got on fishing boots with his pants tucked in and his jacket has lots of pockets - just like you'd expect. I asked if he'd caught anything and he said no.


Oh, and that silver car in that video that all the traffic is going around . . . that's his car. I saw him get out of it. Apparently he just stopped on this busy road, got out, and started fishing.

1 comment:

  1. There is no way I could drive on the "wrong" side. But since I can't drive a standard I guess I'd be on foot anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete