24 August 2010

The Moderator


You know how most laws are written for the few who don't seem to know right from wrong? Sometimes even feel like the rest of us suffer for the few? Often times the rest of us acquiesce for the few.

Like some of you, I am now moderating the comments on my blog. Not because I want to, but because I consistently (almost daily) get a comment in Chinese. Now, don't get me wrong. I like the Chinese. I have no problem with Asians in general. Most of the comments (once translated) are just stupid nonsense, but some are not nice.

So, as a result of the Chinese commenter, I now wait for an email to let me know someone has posted a comment and as soon as I can, I "moderate" it and publish it. If it's in any language, but Chinese :~|

You would think there would be a way to block this person/entity from being allowed to post on my blog, but instead, I must monitor the other 99% of my comments because of this one.

It's not a big thing and I LOVE comments, it just makes me think of the bigger picture and how often the majority pay the price for what the minority does.

But there are two sides to that coin. And another post . . .

1 comment: