19 August 2010

Beer Weekend



Jim stumbled upon an event called Beer Weekend while surfing the net. It's in Brussels. Naturally, we added this to our calendar. How could we not?

With 50 breweries from small to large, Jim figured we better go for all three days since it would be hard to taste all these beers in one day. Check out this list of breweries that will be there. And all the beers that will be on draft.

I agree. It would be foolish to do this all in one day.

So . . . Ross lives in Leuven. Only a short train ride from Brussels. Hmmm. We could spend the night in Leuven, ride the train . . .

It begins on a Friday evening with a celebration of St. Arnould, Patron Saint of Brewers. I'm serious. There is a patron saint for this.

Those Catholics. What will they think of next?

I will let you know how it goes. Not the Catholic thing, the Beer Weekend, of course.

And, BTW, it's my son-in-law's birthday. Now, he would enjoy this Beer Weekend. Maybe next year!

Happy Birthday, Josh!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun...did they have pumpkin beer? I like that taste.

    I think your son-in-law is pretty darn cute.

    ReplyDelete