08 January 2010

Words to live by


Being the first of a new year and all, I was looking for a serious quote for my blog and found . . . well, some not-so-serious . . . e. g.


Never argue with an idiot. The people watching may not know the difference.


Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.


Light travels faster than sound.
That is why sometimes people appear bright until you hear them speak.


If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.


Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.


Experience is a wonderful thing.
It enables you to recognize a mistake when you've just made it again.


There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.


Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

and

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment