27 January 2010

Praten Parrots


Every week we get to go for Flemish lessons.

I have to admit it's not going quite as well as I had hoped, but we aren't giving up just yet either.

Anyway, the office next to the classroom where our lessons are held has 2 parrots in a large cage. I don't know who works out of this office, but I know for sure they are never there when we are. And I also know for sure they must be there sometimes because when the parrots say a word, it's in a man's voice! It's so funny to hear and to know it's coming out of their mouth (I mean beak).

So here's a picture of them and a video. They get completely quiet if you film while they can see you so I stood to the side for filming. Listen for the man's voice . . . it's them! First they say "hey" and then they say "come in". I wish they would have said "hello". It's really funny to hear it because it sounds just like the office guy answering his phone.




You might say it's just a bit of a distraction during our lesson : /

No comments:

Post a Comment