18 January 2010

Recap + a little Q & A



Remember that milk? Finally expired THIS week! Bought more. Good 'til April.


Remember this control panel? Still not sure about the symbols. I chose 2 suns and a rain cloud. One load = Washing: 1 hr 19 min. Drying: 3 hrs 50 min. (really). Apparently did it right. They smelled okay.


Know what that is? A pan of dressing and I made it myself. THANK YOU, Randi for the cornbread mix! Not even close to Mae Mae's, but not too bad. We ate it. All.

And now for a little Q and A from recent posts:

Q - Jim (A) thought it looked like there was a trap door in the floor of the living room. I don't see it. Let us know who is right. ;)

This refers to a picture of our living room. Here it is again.


I never even noticed the place on the floor that looks like it could be a trap door until I took that picture. It's actually only the way the flooring is finished in that one spot - smoother than the rest. No trap door, but not a bad idea. :)

Q - Ok, what if I stop for coffee on my way to work and it takes a lot more time than I expected. Are the bosses patient as well?

This is from a post on the service here - restaurants, post office, etc. It's hard to believe, but no one here stops to pick up coffee on their way to work. Seriously. Probably because most all cars are standard shift making it difficult to do anything but drive plus all the traffic and bicyclists. And drive-thrus are practically non-existent.

It's taken some getting used to, but drinking coffee is a real event here and always served in a real cup, with a saucer, and a cookie or chocolate. It's really nice, but I would definitely have a hard time adapting to this if I were still driving to work every day. I don't know how these people survive without drinking coffee and applying lipstick while driving! Survive, I guess :)

Q - Speaking of Flemish vloeken...did you figure out how to use the washing machine?

In addition to the recap above . . . I've only done one load so I may have a few choice words before it's all over!

Oh and changing the subject - read my blog quote. It's right under the photo of our backyard at the top of the blog. I randomly chose that quote a week or so ago not having any idea that today the US celebrates his birthday. If my memory serves me, the first time I saw that quote was when we were in Portland, Oregon. It is etched into the stonework of a federal building there. Anyway, thought that was ironic that I had chosen that quote . . .

Found it!

Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere by sugarpacketchad.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the answers to our queries! Inquiring minds need to know these things! Jim still thinks you might need to look for a secret handle to open the secret passage.

    About the two suns and a rain cloud...hahaha...sounds like an incantation. You really need to put all of this in a book.

    Here is another good MLK quote (one of Josh's high school buds had it on his facebook today): If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live. MLK

    ReplyDelete