10 January 2010

The service stinks?


Does the service here stink or what? Well, I can't quite get a handle on the service aspect of this culture. On the one hand, it's beyond belief and on the other, it's beyond belief.

Let me 'splain it to you like I sees it. You might wait in line at a store or wait at a table in a restaurant for what seems like an inordinate amount of time, BUT when you have the full attention of the clerk or the waiter, you can expect their FULL attention for however long it takes.

No one gets in a hurry or gets pissed off or gets anxious or storms out or any of that. It's a culture of patience. You wait your turn nicely and you will get the same attention the previous person received.

It takes some getting used to, but I think I like this stinkin' service.


2 comments:

  1. That would be hard to get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit Stepford. :)
    Ok, what if I stop for coffee on my way to work and it takes a lot more time than I expected. Are the bosses patient as well?

    ReplyDelete