14 January 2010

Okay, how many languages does it take . . .


for me to wash and dry clothes here?

Our washer/dryer combo finally arrived. Yippee! Here's a pic of this wondrous appliance that does it all. It not only washes and dries - it also folds, irons, and puts things away.

Well, okay, it's not that great, but it's in my house and not a kilo down the street!


Now, here's the best part. It came with not 1, but 2 manuals in 10 different languages. Here they are.

See those lists in the top left hand corner?


Notice anything?

Thaaaaaaat's right! NO ENGLISH.

And as Jim observed, they also didn't go completely "the Ikea way" and use the universal language.

No, not music . . . PICTURES! More on that . . .

If only I could read French, Italian, German, Romanian, Finnish, Slovenian, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, or at least a little more Dutch!

And I'm not kidding. Those are the 10 languages in the manuals.

So I suppose the answer to my blog title is . . . "more than 10"?

Take a closer look at this control panel.


Really close.


What is that? A sun and a beaker? Two suns and a rain cloud? A leaf? Partly cloudy plus P??

Okay, "the Ikea way" is definitely not working for me here and I'm pretty sure I have my work cut out for me :~/


No comments:

Post a Comment