11 February 2010

Just another Q & A


Q - About the speed....guess the tires must be balanced perfectly! If I get up to 80 in my Camry I can tell. BTW...what were you all driving?

A - (This question is about driving on the Autobahn in Germany)
We were in Jim's car - it's a Porsche. I mean a VW Passat :) It's actually a really nice car and it probably takes 100 mph much smoother than a Porsche! Of course I wouldn't know about that personally.

Q - Soooo how many channels? Do you have any from the USA? Inquiring minds need to know.

A - (This question is about our new TV!)
Well, we don't have any channels. Really. We opted not to get cable since we had it the whole time we were at the apartment and never watched television. This new TV is only for watching movies and so far we've watched The Simpsons - twice : /

Q - Hi, I am an american living in Belgium,just arrived in December. I live in Beek (Stad Bree) with my soon to be Husband Erik. I noticed your weather was from Genk and that is close to me. Where are you taking your lessons just wondering? Christine

A - (This question is about Flemish lessons)
First, congratulations Christine on your arrival in Belgie. We moved here from Texas in July/August of last year. Second, congratulations on your upcoming marriage to Erik. And third, we have been enrolled and are still taking private lessons at ELan in Zolder. We have also recently enrolled in a class in Hasselt.
Here's a link to the website for this class http://www.modernetalen.be/INFO/Alginfo.html We live in Hasselt and my husband works in Genk so we are about 45 minutes away from you. Good luck and if I can be of any help, please comment again!

2 comments:

  1. You might be interested in a Canadian WWII story about 2 communities not too far away - As and Opglabbeek. www.philtripe.blogspot.com.
    Best
    Anne Crossman
    Nova Scotia, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for returning an answer so fast to my question on the lessons. Erik is Friesian and speaks several laungages. We will not be in Belgium for very long. We have plans to move to NL as soon as we are able.

    I enjoyed reading most of your blog that one after noon as it felt like my own experances having lived here for only a short amount of time.

    Here is link to my own blog but unlike your mine doesn't get updated very often.

    http://erikandchristines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete