10 September 2009

Spreek u Nederlands?

Lesson #1

I went for my first Dutch lesson this week. It lasted 4 hours and now that I'm fluent I'm going to start typing all my posts in Dutch.


De les begon met koolzuurhoudend water recht uit een dispenser. Daarna gingen we aan het leren hoe je jezelf die tot dusver heb ik niet nodig omdat ik nog niemand ontmoet omdat ik niet spreek Nederlands te voeren. Natuurlijk, alles wat nu zal veranderen, dat ik vloeiend ben.


Daarna gingen we naar werkwoord vervoeging beginnen met "to be". Je weet ... zoals ik ben, je bent, hij is, enz. Nou, dit was een wind! We gingen eroverheen oh .... 5 of 6 keer en ik was nooit in staat terug te roepen. Nooit. Eerlijk gezegd, zelfs ik kon niet geloven wat ik blanco Ik hield tekening!


Just kidding, that was thanks to Google translate and here's what it says for all us monoglots.


The lesson began with sparkling water right out of a dispenser. Then we went on to learn how to introduce ourselves which so far I haven't needed since I haven't met anyone because I don't speak Dutch. Of course, all that will change now that I'm fluent.


Then we went on to verb conjugation beginning with "to be". You know... like I am, you are, he is, etc. Well, this was a breeze! We went over it oh....5 or 6 times and I was never able to recall it. Never. Frankly, even I couldn't believe what a blank I kept drawing!


So I guess that means I'm not fluent yet and may need to go back for Lesson #2 next week. Oh, and now that you know what all that Dutch says up there, you should go back and try to make some sense of it :)


1 comment:

  1. Ahahhaa, the dutch google translation is HILARIOUS.
    I am so happy I discored your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete