24 September 2009

The list

Jim is returning to the States in October to fetch the hondje (doggy) and I have started a list of items he will need to stuff in his bag to bring back. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can't just go out and buy over-the-counter medicine. Anywhere. Except of course the apotheek (pharmacy). So when you get a headache, you have to go see the pharmacist!

So Jim has this cold and he swears by Nyquil. I go in search of Nyquil and was sure I'd found a "Walgreens" when I was once again disappointed to learn it was a big store filled with everything but OTC meds. I stop by the apotheek and am immediately intimidated by the white lab coat and my "lie" that I have a cold and need Nyquil. So, as a last resort, I did all I could do. I bought Jim Beam and Jim (Frazier) said he felt better this morning so we just call Jim Beam Nyquil now.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaa..thanks for getting my day started with a good hearty laugh!! Hope we get to see Jim and I know you are sad to be staying, but the thought of your fur son coming will make you smile.

    ReplyDelete