27 January 2011

Bon Viatge


We are headed to Barcelona. I'm pretty excited about it. We've never been to Spain. And we might never have chosen Barcelona had our neighbors not invited us to go with them. We usually aren't big on traveling with other couples, but hopefully this will be a great experience and we will want to do it again. Or it will cure us and we will never do it again.

There's just one catch. We're flying on RyanAir. Most of you won't be familiar with RyanAir, but everyone here is. It's a cheap way to fly and by cheap, I mean you have to stand up for the entire flight and you can't take any luggage. Okay, not really, but Jim and I are flying to Barcelona AND back for a total of €80.

As you can imagine, there are restrictions when flying this cheap. For example, you can take one little briefcase as a carry-on which must include all your clothes, toiletries, computer, purse, shoes, etc. I can see that my trusty laptop will remain at home, I probably need to rethink that extra pair of shoes, and forget about the flatiron. Of course you can check a bag - but it'll cost ya. That's where they get you. Plus, the neighbors can't imagine why anyone would need more than what a briefcase will hold for 2 nights :~\

I'm guessing there will be no in-flight Biscoff cookies, KitKats and Chilean wine.

We've heard both good and bad stories about experiences with RyanAir and we might never have tried this popular airline, but we didn't plan this trip - we were invited. So whether it is to be a good or bad experience on RyanAir remains to be seen. I like to keep my expectations low so if everything goes well, it will exceed my expectations.

How bad can it be, right?

See you in a few. Hasta la vista, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment