13 July 2010

Dinant


I bought this deck of souvenir playing cards with 52 different Belgian locations. When I looked through them, I noted we've already visited 20 of the places so far and after seeing this Queen of Hearts, we decided to take a drive to see the Dinant Citadelle.


I think my photo rivals that of the souvenir deck.

See the little blue gondolas going up the hill in the distance?
We rode one of those up to the top of the Citadelle.

Here's the view from the top.
Then we took the stairs down.

Lunch at Cafe' Leffe

And speaking of Leffe . . .

another reason we chose Dinant is because Leffe beer was originally brewed here. The Notre Dame de Leffe was founded in 1152. The brewery is now owned by InBev and Leffe beer is brewed in Leuven. As you can imagine, a lot has happened since then and here's where you can learn more about Leffe beer. If you speak Dutch or French, that is.

And while we were walking around in Dinant, we heard this and it made us laugh.




No, it's not the Beach Boys, but yeah, it is Barbara Ann. In Dutch. I presume.

No comments:

Post a Comment