23 May 2011

Paris . . .


Pa - ree.

This was my fourth visit to Paris. I can hardly believe that statement is true. How many people can say that? Maybe a lot, but I never thought it would be me.

We stayed in another area of Paris this time with few tourists so it felt very different. Naturally we visited all the major sites because this was Josh's first visit to Paris.


As mentioned in one of my quick updates, we took a scenic boat tour down the River Seine. I highly recommend this despite it being mainly for tourists. It is a way to see Paris from a perspective you can't get any other way.


The one thing I noted most on this trip to Paris is the size and scale of everything. Take a look at the Notre Dame Cathedral in comparison to those people climbing the stairs.


I can't remember what this building is, but Jim noted the huge advertising on the side. What a stroke of genius on this ad wizard's part . . . that massive L'Oreal ad is covering scaffolding while the building is being renovated.


The sunset from the Louvre looking down toward the Avenue des Champs-Elysees.


I just love this photo of everyone at the fountain.


This is the Arc de Triomphe, of course. You can see Randi and Josh and get some perspective on the scale of this huge monument.


A view of the Eiffel Tower from our boat cruise.


Here's some real perspective on the size of this thing. Those are people up there!


Paris . . .
I could go there again and again.

1 comment:

  1. Great family photo in front of the Eiffel Tower! How was the food?

    ReplyDelete