16 May 2011

Alps Approach


As we made our way down the French border and into Switzerland, there are vineyards everywhere.


I hope you can tell from this little picture that those are vineyards as far as you can see.


They're on both sides of the road and seemed to be in every hilly space available.


We also made a stop or two on our way to the Alps. One was Montreux, Switzerland on Lake Geneva. This may be one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Can you see those sailboats in the distance?


The water is crystal clear.


The pristine landscape almost didn't seem real.


I snapped this photo from the bridge as we headed to our next stop.


I'm not really sure where we were in Switzerland, but this rushing water was too good to pass by. It was so beautiful and clear, we even filled a water bottle and tasted it!


On the road again, I snapped this photo from a bridge over another lake in Switzerland.


Although I have now seen the Alps a few times . . .


I cannot get enough.


The landscape is so amazing . . .


it will take your breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment