18 May 2011

Mont Blanc



You may remember this photo of the tiny cable car from my last post.


Here is a better view of it through the window of another one.


If you want, you can take a ride to the top of Mont Blanc on a cable car.
This is the cable car station.


Josh was the only one of the four of us brave enough to make the trip.
(The temperature up there is around -10C)


Afterwards, I was sure he was glad he had done it. And we were sure we had missed out!


Mont Blanc mountain lies on the border of France and Italy.


Josh took these amazing photos, but I'm sure they can in no way capture the beauty and vastness he saw.


If you look closely on the top left side of this photo, you can see the town of Chamonix.


Maybe next time we will all go!

1 comment:

  1. It was truly incredible, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity. It felt like I was just beginning my descent through the clouds on a flight, but my feet were still on the ground! I kept wondering how in the world they could build the structure at the top. How did they get all that material up there?

    ReplyDelete