07 April 2011

World Peace


If there weren't enough problems in the world today, we go and create some more. This could go for a lot of issues, but this time I'm referring to the recent exercise in stupidity in the relatively small Florida town with an even smaller group of participants/simpletons.

Of course one can't go without saying what an exercise in stupidity the foreign leader provided by (1) even acknowledging the Floridian dimwit, and (2) whipping another relatively small group of participants/simpletons into a frenzy.

And then it got a lot worse.

I wonder if anybody besides family even cares about those innocent people who are dead now? Has anyone condemned that yet or is everyone so caught up in the hatred of others or their grocery list that they've forgotten about that part?

There doesn't seem to be enough blame to go around.

Whatever happened to faith founded in love and compassion? Or is that just when it suits us or our agenda? The worldwide agenda.

And if love and compassion aren't reason enough, can we afford to keep inciting hatred? It seems we really don't have enough money to control the world.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. God, the ignorance and intolerance some of us latch onto!

I'm still hoping beauty contestants will one day have no need to respond with "the most important thing our society needs is world peace".

2 comments:

  1. Karen I love Your posts and have visited many of the places with Dale in our travels. Karen I agree that the man in Florida acted stupidly. I also think the people who were killed as a result were vicitims of stupidity. It just shows that no group has a monopoly on stupidity evilor As aunt Mary says "we are all just poor pitiful people." I guess you can say compassion and love come from people who have a right standing with God and even then we fail. As Jesus said not all who say they know me are mine but those who do the will of my father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be amiss if I did not say Frazier is a handsome grandchild. I also love to watch him grow on Randi's blog. They are great parents and Randi is a good historian.

    ReplyDelete