29 October 2010

Oh, the irony


You can imagine my surprise when t
his letter was in our mailbox.




And it wasn't for Tom.

It was addressed to me.

From the ziekenhuis (hospital).

I figured I would quickly be eating my words in addition to forking out mucho dinero.

After all, I'd been so glib about my "cheap" ER encounter. Now what?

I admit I was initially surprised that the doctor's fee appeared to be "included" in the price.

But after all, this was my first visit to the ER.

Not just in Belgium. Ever.

As it turns out, the doctor fee was not "included" in my original €5,03 bill.



So, here's the damage.




His fees, it seems, are not going to put him in that McMansion any time soon.

But I think me and the ziekenhuis and the doktor are square now.

And I'm pretty sure this is still the bargain of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment