22 October 2010

Famous Audrey Ruston


I ran across a list of famous Belgians as I was researching something related to Belgium, but completely unrelated to famous Belgians. I often find out interesting facts about a location only after we've already visited it.

Several months ago we ventured to the city of Dinant about an hour south of here.


One of the photos I posted from that visit.

I didn't realize that all those monuments of saxophones around Dinant were because the saxophone was invented by Adolphe Sax of Dinant.

I have got to do my research before we take off.

Anyway, on this list of famous Belgians was this person. I'm sure I don't even have to tell you who she is.


Okay, in case you are drawing a blank. It's Audrey Hepburn.

Born Audrey Kathleen Ruston (Yeah, Ruston - spelled just like that) in Ixelles, Belgium, a municipality of Brussels, to an English banker and a Dutch baroness. She spent much of her childhood in the Netherlands and at about age 20 moved to London.

This same photo is hanging in the salon where my new kapper, Halil works. I would say it's about 8 ft x 8 ft. Huge. Although I've always thought she is certainly beautiful, now the huge picture makes a lot more sense. She's Dutch!

And to bring back a few memories :)


No comments:

Post a Comment