15 October 2010

Bargain Hunting


I'm not really a big fan of antiques, but we've enjoyed going to the antique markets around here. They're all really nice and not too much "junk". Or at least it's not the same "junk" we're used to seeing.

Although we didn't buy a thing at the Lille market, we have made some purchases since then at both Tongeren and most recently at Ciney. I bought a little ornament, but it's a gift so I don't want to spoil the surprise with a picture of it.



I also bought this purse for only €15. It's like new and real leather.


Jim bought this violin and it was also a bargain. Of course it had no strings at time of purchase and you may be able to tell from the picture, the bow still has no hair. He's working on it though.


We also recently went to a book fair.
Nice how the bag tells you it's a book festival in 3 different languages.


There were thousands of books - mostly in Dutch, but quite a few in English.


I bought this bedtime story so I can read it to Frazier when he visits.


I've been practicing :)

on Winslow.


Puts him right out.


Jim bought Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree.


A little more advanced than mine.


Recognize these characters?

I guess Janneman is Dutch for Christopher. I recognized Konijn right away since I frequently see it on menus here :-|

However, I've not seen uils, kangas, poehs, or iejoors on any menu.

Am I really discussing eating Winnie the Poeh characters?

Probably all taste like chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment