04 June 2011

Weer


That's Flemish for weather. I don't know if you ever take a look at the weather gadget on the right side of my blog, but the weather here has been amazing, gorgeous, perfect, beautiful . . . for almost as long as I can remember.

Now, I say that because the weather here was cloudy, rainy, cold, and occasionally depressing for nearly as long as that so it's only fair that I give this awesome weather its due. With highs rarely above 75F and lows rarely below 50F, it truly is nice.

For the first time in six+ weeks, there is a chance of rain. We actually could use some rain. Did I just say that?

With the incredible weather come the oh soooooo long days of summer compared to those short, short days of winter.

These looooong days fascinate me and yet the longest days of the year aren't even here yet. They can be a challenge as well. With often less than 6 hours of darkness, it's difficult to go to sleep when it's barely dusk-like at 10 p.m.

this is 10 p.m.

. . . and to stay asleep when the birds are singing at the ridiculously early crack of dawn.

This video is the view out our bedroom window. Yeah, I know, but we do live in the city! The time is 5 a.m. and these tweeters have been tweeting since at least 4:30, maybe longer. And they can keep this up for about 2 hours!


The things one never considers when moving so far away from where they've always lived. I never gave much thought to climate and certainly not length of day. I've always lived within 2 hours of the place where I was born! Actually, most people still do.

I don't know if this climate will ever seem normal to me, but I fear it may be difficult adjusting to our native southern climate again.

I used to say it was never hot enough for me. And I meant it. I may have to recant!

No comments:

Post a Comment