13 December 2010

What a difference a decade makes


So, this week I turn 50 years old and I suspect it will be uneventful. I hope so :)

When I turned 40, I had just taken my first real full time job since college . . .


and our kids were growing up.


When I turned 30, we lived in a little rent house with two young children . . .


and we were perfectly happy.


When I turned 20, I was a newlywed of just three weeks.


What a difference a decade makes.

I most certainly could not have predicted that when I turned 50 I'd be right here right now.


Our kids are all grown up.


What will this next decade bring?


I know I'm finally to the age where I'll be happy and grateful just to be here to find out!

To the next decade - CHEERS! GEZONDHEID! SANTE'!

3 comments:

  1. Other than the picture of you all when you were just married.....you guys have changed very little. Spooky!
    Have a wonderful B. Day....hope you get at least one margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It's the 15th, right?! You look fabulous and I trust the next decade will be just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have the happiest birthday!

    ReplyDelete