10 December 2010

Random Pics


Occasionally I like to go through my pictures and reminisce about a particular day or outing or event. In the midst of all these special pictures are ones taken for no particular reason, but were taken just the same.

These are sugar beets. We saw huge piles of them in the Fall.
They are widely grown across Europe and the States.
Similar to sugar cane, they are used for making sugar.

This is a L'Occitane outlet store. Unbelievably low prices.
I liked this sign informing us that they speak Dutch, English, and French.
But I already knew that. They all do.

Jim took this picture and frankly, I would never have noticed it.
This cathedral in Reims, France is being reconstructed.
They actually carve this stone just like it was originally carved.

Notre Dame Cathedral
Reims, France

German chocolate. It really is delicious.

This gingerbread house is huge and made of real gingerbread.


I took this picture and the one below because if Randi had been there she would have taken them!

These are macaroons - well this is a huge six foot display of macaroons.

This is the store in Paris famous for making these confections.
We walked right by here, but didn't go in!
Only later when Randi researched it on the internet did we realized we missed out.
Next time!

For those of you who don't speak German, "schmuck" is the German word for jewelry . . .

and "boote" is the German word for boat.
This was for all your jewelry and boating needs.

This is a public flatiron.
And can be found in many of the public restrooms in Edinburgh.
I know it rains a lot there and if my hair was a little longer
I might have taken advantage it.

And last, but certainly not least . . .

This. dog. LOVES. snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment