30 January 2013

On Building a Better Mousetrap

In an update to my previous post . . .

It was not a box turtle.  In fact the only turtles I've seen in Belgium are those cute, but contaminated with salmonella ones at the pet store down the street.  Legal in Belgium and perhaps nowhere else on earth.  Get 'em while you can.

It was not an adorable hedgehog.  Thank God!  They are way too adorable, but if I see one with bleached hair . . .

Actually . . . apparently while I was busy choosing shoes to match by pajamas and raincoat, he/she/it/Elvis left the building :-|

Yep, tha's right.  I launched into that whole awesome snare scheme for nothing.  I wore tennis shoes with my pajamas, for Christ's sake!

Frankly, I couldn't believe it.  I still can't believe it which is why I shall never sleep again, shall wear shoes at all times, and will forever keep our kitchen trash can on the patio with an open bottle of bleach inside.

Seriously, we have seen a teeny, tiny mouse from time to time scurry across our patio and poop in our storage room so no doubt it finally figured out how to make himself at home.  As well as smart enough to know how long it takes me to pick out shoes.

This, of course begs the question . . . how did Elvis get in and out and more importantly, does he have colleagues?

No comments:

Post a Comment