04 February 2013

Internet Down!

I'm one of those lucky people who has super thick, healthy hair.  Even at "over 50" and having colored it more than half my life, my hair is still in good shape.

Perhaps that's why I feel comfortable or maybe compelled to experiment with it from time to time.  That usually involves a perm gone bad or cutting 5 years of growth in one fell swoop.


Then there was the time I bleached it and was forced to start over with an unintended pixie (not pictured).  Fortunately I have reasonable ears. 

                                                      Before                                 After

But for the most part, it all works out okay.

As I've said before, I love brunette hair.  Never wished for anything else.  However, when one begins to "grey" in their mid-20's, some people start coloring it.  I'm one of those and once I got the whole hair color thing started, I never had the option of not coloring my hair and looking like a skunk for months.  

Well, that is until now.  Did you know skunkish coiffure is in?

Case in point.

So, I started growing out the grey, cut my hair really short to begin ridding it of my beloved brunette color.  Now wearing a hat most of the time or coloring the roots with a hair crayon when absolutely necessary - to diminish the skunk 'do.

Well, this past weekend our internet was out - for hours and hours.  Headlines on Monday morning . . .

Half of all Telenet customers can’t access internet

In lieu of surfing the net, Jim and I should have played Scrabble, but instead we played beauty shop and colored my hair.  I was going for something in between the before and after photos above.  Not the case in point above -  the "above" and "after" above that.  

This is me now.  Seriously.

Okay, this wasn't exactly what I was going for, but I'm optimistic a few more days without internet could be all I need.

Pleading for patience.  And perhaps a small miracle in a box.  Next weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment