28 January 2013

Haute Couture

High dressmaking.


"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."  
~Robert Harling, Steel Magnolias


I missed the Paris Fashion Week.  Again.  And in case you did too . . .


This is the new Chanel handbag - which appears to possibly double as a hula hoop?  Those shoes are pretty cute though.


This is Calvin Klein.  I think I could actually pull this off.  This model probably weighs less than duck, but you'd never know it.


This is Louis Vuitton.  Add boots and you've got Nancy Sinatra circa 1966 or maybe The Playing Cards from Alice in Wonderland?  Are you ready, boots?

If famous fashion designers are a bit over the top, here's some "street style" straight from Paris Fashionista that may give you some ideas.  I know they did for me.


Here is proof that getting dressed in the dark is actually chic.


I do love black and white and with this outfit, I could move effortlessly into saying Mass.


I think I could do this one because these shorts are actually my size.


I have to admit putting my trench coat UNDER my sweater vest never once occurred to me.


Super versatile.  To the office, then toss the belt and the heels and voila, you're ready for bed.


I actually have this outfit, but when I do this, I look homeless.  Why is that?


This is something you would actually see in Hasselt - biking in skirt and heels.  See why I'm so intimidated here?


If you're always wondering what to put on when you read Charlotte's Web.  Wonder no more.


You surely already have this outfit, you simply didn't know how to put it all together - the mint green pleated chiffon skirt your mother wouldn't think of wearing again, paired with a sweater from your 12 year old's closet.  Tie some rags around your wrist, slip on your fuschia bow pumps and you're off!  How easy is that?


The thing I like about this outfit is that if someone tries to lift your purse, they will have to strangle you first.  
Win win.


For those of you who are like me and have no idea who this is . . . I've been led to believe his name is Kanye West.  It's obvious he stepped out of his hospital room, slipped on a blazer and is headed straight for the basketball court.  Another super versatile getup.


I always say, you really can't go wrong with black.  I always say that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment