01 January 2013

We Save Elephants

Gelukkige Nieuwjaar! 

Bonne Année!

새해 복 많이 받으세요!

Happy New Year!

This post has absolutely nothing to do with January 1st, but best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

___________________________________


In September, I posted about a display of elephants in Hasselt called the Parade of Elephants


This is just one of those 40 elephants that were displayed throughout Hasselt.


Since then, a gallery opened selling various sized smaller versions of these elephants . . . 


to raise money to save the Asian elephant.

A couple of them are specific to Belgium . . .


like this one called Belgium Fruits I bought as a souvenir for us,


and this one called Sweets for love I bought as a gift for our neighbor.

Each elephant is numbered and signed by the artist.  I think they're adorable and the added bonus of being for a good cause.


Parade of Elephants.  I hope it comes to a city near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment