01 March 2012

Who's watching me now?


Yesterday, the google doodle was about Rossini's birthday and it being a leap year. I watched the William Tell Overture (by Rossini) played by an orchestra on YouTube.

This morning I googled Jerry Seinfeld's tour because Randi and Josh are going to see him some time and although she's told me more than once, I couldn't remember when. So I googled it.

I also read an article in the New York Times entitled "Are People Getting Dumber?". There were several contributors and I read one by a comedian named Erin Jackson.

I have a playlist of songs I like on YouTube and I listen to them occasionally. I got on YouTube and without even signing in, amazingly, on the right side of the screen was:

1. a Seinfeld clip
2. a different version of the William Tell Overture
3. a stand-up routine of Erin Jackson

I decided to conduct a test. I closed out YouTube and clicked on an article on the BBC and pretended to read about the England - Netherlands soccer game. I have now confirmed that the internet can, in fact, read my mind.

Later, I got back on YouTube and there wasn't one video recommended about soccer. See?

No comments:

Post a Comment