27 March 2012

Windmolens


Last weekend we took a drive north into the Netherlands. I'm not exactly sure which towns we drove through and stopped in, but we decided the Netherlands must be absolutely perfect for growing anything. It seems that what is now land used to be water and the whole country is low and fertile.


Canals are everywhere and so are the windmills.


Free range chickens, I presume. I've heard of this, but never seen it until now. I guess this is the good life we keep hearing about and I admit anything is better than a stinky, crowded, hot chicken house.


We must have seen at least six windmills in just a couple of hours.


The new white meat? I guess this farm raises kangaroos for consumption. I'd never seen a white kangaroo and despite being high in protein and only 2% fat, I will not be eating a kangaroo of any color. I think the Captain would not approve. Europe and Russia are the largest importers, but yes, you can eat it in the States too.


All of the windmills we saw were well preserved and beautiful.


Next to the kangaroo farm was a stork farm and we all know what those are bred for :)


Then the best part . . . a flower stand. Every year at this time there are flowers everywhere and cheap too. Tulips - 50 for €10 and they will get even cheaper later on.


We opted for these beautiful roses. They are huge and we got 40 of them for €8!


Nederland

No comments:

Post a Comment