29 February 2012

Fueling a frame of mind


Prices for normal, everyday things like groceries and personal care items in Belgium have challenged me since Day One. The price seems almost the same, but it's in euros. You have to do the math. Long ago I finally quit converting everything in my head to US dollars.

I don't see Americans weaning off petrol any time soon and opting for the bus, bike or on foot. I often wonder, if with some infrastructure, could the obesity epidemic be solved? I know it's not that simple, but just a thought.

Actually most people here have a car too, but they are definitely fuel-efficient models. As I've said before, it is very rare to see an SUV and even more rare to see a pick-up truck. Besides, it's not possible to park them in these king-sized bed spaces anyway!

Gas in the States is $4 per gallon, but you've got a long way to go to get here . . .


*source EEP. Graph by IBTimes

This isn't premium. It's regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment