24 February 2012

It's a Beast


So this is my 666th blog post. I couldn't help but notice this on my "blog dashboard" which keeps a running total. I think the only significant thing about that is my last one was my 665th and my next one will be my 667th.

Most of us associate 666 as the number of the beast. The beast. There is debate as to whether the original text read 666 or 616, but either way, for the record, my 616th blog post was some time back in November.

So the first beast comes out of the abyss, the second out of the earth. This second one tells everybody to worship the first one, but I think they're both bad news. I'm not sure which one is 666. I think it's number 2. Maybe there's math involved and I'm not good at math.

Anyway, they are eventually thrown into the lake of fire and some might think it wise to avoid tattoos of this number on, say, your forehead or your right hand or maybe it's the other way around - get a tattoo? I can never remember.

It seems there's a number to prophecy everything from eternal damnation to lottery winners.

Question: Is it possible to do this with almost any number?

Lucky 7, Friday the 13th. Revelation's 144,000 heavenly souls. Twelve (12) is perfection in government. And 10 is divine order.

Turns out 144,000 is also the square root of the perfect 12 times the cube of the divine 10. And 20 is obviously a double divine 10.

The Roman numerals added together equal 666. Jews believe 3 is the number of perfect completion. Christians believe 8 is the number of Christ and of salvation. It is also the first cubic number (2x2x2).

And 9 - the number after 8.

40 years. Moses wandered the wilderness and the exact age when I needed reading glasses.

Two if by sea, 3 Dog Night, the 4 seasons, 5 pillars of Islam, 6 vestal virgins, 7 wonders of the world, magic 8 ball, 9 to 5, the 10 commandments, the 11th hour, 12 days of Christmas. I know, A Whiter Shade of Pale says 16.

I assume you can still reach Jenny at 867-5309 and one . . . one is the loneliest number, but two . . . two can be as sad as one.

I could go on, but I won't.

Answer: I think you can. Here's why . . .

When I googled "666 images" there was one of a barcode - you know, those things you scan at the grocery store. So I clicked on it and it took me to a blog. Now I've got a lot of free time, but I'm pretty sure even with all my free time I couldn't come up with this barcode theory.

There are some crazy people out there. That's just my personal opinion, of course. But if you're really bored . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment