14 July 2011

infographics ii


Reason #8,479 why AT&T's slogan should be "Think Impossible" rather than "Rethink Possible".

The internet at our house in Jefferson hasn't been used in quite some time so I finally got online to cancel it. It's with AT&T and frankly, it's been nothing but trouble since the switch was flipped.

So, now, all I wanted to do was get back in the switch-flip line. Since AT&T is at the forefront of technology, one would think this could be painless.

Think again.

AT&T is either (1) not at the forefront of technology or (2) they have a helluva marketing plan for a lifetime sentence on their service. Either are equally likely. On their website, you can do nearly anything - view or pay your bill; add, move or change your service; get a free college education . . . but you cannot, under any circumstances cancel your service ONLINE.

A 1-800 phone call is required, ma'am.

Despite my live-chat lying and scheming - "But I'm in a foreign country" - "My bagphone is solar-powered and it's cloudy here all the time" - "I will cancel my autopay. That should do it, right?", nothing would convince AT&T to allow me to do the impossible. Cancel my service ONLINE.

So I called.

I tell you this as a warning.

You may remember (if you read my blog from time to time) that when we moved to Belgium and opened a bank account, I asked about getting a checkbook. The bank employee looked confused so I pulled out my checkbook from the States. She looked it over perplexed and then said "We haven't had those in 15 years."

I love infographics. Tons of information at a glance and easy to understand.

It appears that you will soon be able to forget your checkbook, credit cards, and even your wallet. Just make sure you've got your cell phone because that's all you'll need.

I know, this graphic is huge.


INFOGRAPHIC: Goodbye Wallets! How Mobile Payments Are Becoming the New Credit Card


I think I will forego signing up with ISIS. Guilt by association.


~~~~~



I guess this puts things into perspective. There really are a lot of Asians.




~~~~~



Think your gas is expensive?


United States vs. World Gas Prices



~~~~~



And speaking of perspective . . .



~~~~~




And last, but not least . . . heaven help us.

1 comment:

  1. ewww, that last picture looks like the lady I saw at the grocery store wearing flesh colored shorts tucked into the folds of her thighs. I actually took a picture of her because I thought she wasn't wearing ANY bottoms.

    ReplyDelete