10 July 2011

Anna's Bezoek


We've had company for the past couple of days and have thoroughly enjoyed it.


She came bearing gifts and we were all pretty excited about that! Thank you, thank you!


I suspect her Mom may have found the only bag on earth with not one brown Tootsie Roll pop. I have never been so fortunate. And the added bonus of a new flavor - banana :)

Sadly the peanut butter was confiscated at security. Hope TSA enjoyed it.


In Cologne, Germany - lunch at the Walfisch (German for whale). Whale was not on the menu, but . . .


for our lunch appetizer, we shared the mett (reminder: this is raw pork served on a roll with onions). And by "we", I mean Jim and Anna.

Ross and I still can't bring ourselves to give it a try. However, Jim and Anna both said it was actually good. And they ate it! Best of all, no one got sick :)


I did eat one of these though :)


Then on to Maastricht, Netherlands. Big sales are going on right now and both Anna and Ross found a pair of shoes. I did not buy another pair of shoes. I wanted to, but I didn't!


There were just a few people visiting the cathedral on this day. You can see Jim taking a picture of Anna and Ross. He's the one leaning over in an attempt to capture some of this huge cathedral in the photo.


This morning we headed to Tongeren, Belgium (oldest city in Belgium) and home to the Sunday Antique Market. It was a bit chilly, but warmed up nicely. Anna found a few treasures I hope will fit into her bag!

She and Ross have a full agenda taking in most all of Belgium and Amsterdam in the next few days.


It was a wonderful visit, albeit too short. We hope she will come back soon!

And last, but definitely not least - Happy Birthday, Jim! I wish you many, many, MANY more!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mr. Frazier! Anna's looks great. So nice to have a visitor.

    ReplyDelete