15 February 2011

Yet another visit from our local cop


Here we go again. At 7:30 pm, our doorbell rings. We pretty much never have company. Imagine our surprise when it's the police. Thankfully Jim answered the door so my little mind didn't have time to conjure up all the bad images of what he might be here to relay to us.

As I've said before, I can make the leap between completely normal to neurotic in a nanosecond.

How many times does it take to ensure the Belgian government that we are legal?

This time it was a new guy. Younger than the one we'd gotten to know so well. After he verified we were in fact married, living in this house together and I was free to come and go as I pleased, we chatted about other things.

He said the other guy was now retired. Aw, he was so nice and we enjoyed his frequent visits and he never treated us like aliens :)

This new guy said he gets about 50 or more of these requests to follow up per week!

One of the things he was checking was to see if I was being held against my will. I told him Jim lets me out a couple times a week. He was not amused. I mean Jim.

So then we signed something neither of us could read. He said he may or may not see us again in a few months - only if one of those requests comes across his desk again.

No problem. We're used to it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment