02 February 2011

The Sun'll Come Up


I know this is my second post in one day so by all means, please scan down to my Barcelona post after this one.

I simply couldn't resist posting this today. Or any day for that matter.

As I was contemplating getting out to run some errands, I consulted my handy weather forecast on my blog. I never leave home without the paraplu, but was hoping I might be able to leave gloves, hat, scarf, coat . . . I don't know - something behind.

It has been bitter cold here for . . . well, a long time and I know it won't always be cold, but a sunny day would be very welcome.

This is the weather forecast for Hasselt. Today. Wednesday.

Here it is in Fahrenheit.
Note "full sun" and "clear" for morning and afternoon. Today. Wednesday.
Cold and windy, but still . . . sunny.

This is a picture of our patio. Today. Wednesday. Noon.
That is water. Rain water.

This is a picture of the sky above our patio. Today. Wednesday. Noon.
Those are clouds. Complete cloud cover.

Jim says he wonders why sometimes I will do the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome :) I keep telling him it's my eternal optimism. Well, I suppose that can be said of my checking the weather daily and expecting it to be close to the actual weather outside. I know weather forecasting isn't an exact science, but honestly, I have never seen anything so inconsistently consistent before.

A "sunny" forecast here really does mean just that. The sun'll come up.

What do you think about tomorrow afternoon? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment