18 February 2011

Truth is Stranger than Fiction


If you had a chance to read my post a couple of days ago about our frequent visits by the local cop, this post will make much more sense.

The very morning after that post, I got ready to walk the dog. I went to our foyer door and it would not open. It sticks occasionally because there's a magnet or something on the lock, but this time it was really stuck. I pushed and pushed, but could not open it.

Our foyer door

The only other option to get out of our house is through the back door which leads to our little tuin (garden). It has about a six foot fence covered in ivy all the way around and there's no gate.

Our little tuin without a gate

Although I've never climbed over it, I figured I could do it if I had to. Problem is, "over the fence" leads to nowhere.

Well, only to the next little tuin with a fence and perhaps with or without a gate.

So, I decide to try the door again using a little more force this time, but it wouldn't budge.

Winslow (our dog) has a tendency to push this foyer door open from time to time. Our foyer door leads to our front door which has a huge space at the bottom and is exposed to the outside where it is cold from time to time :)

Our front door

Soooooo, we put this little latch on the door so when we leave we can lock Winslow inside.

Our little latch on our foyer door

Well, apparently when Jim left for work he locked Winslow AND me inside. I said in jest that I said to the cop the other night "I am not here against my will and Jim lets me out a couple of times a week" ha ha, but apparently truth is stranger than fiction!

I texted my neighbor/landlord and she came with her key and released me. You can bet she won't let us forget this little fiasco any time soon.

So this morning while having our coffee, we noticed the clear skies outside and said it looked like it would be a nice day. And Jim said "So you'd rather me not lock you in today?" and I said "Yeah, I may want to get out."

1 comment:

  1. hahaaa...yeah, three times a week would be better, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete