17 February 2011

De Poste


This was our lucky day! We got three packages in the mail! We don't get a lot of mail and almost never get a package so this was quite a treat - all in one day.


First, I've been anxiously looking for this one to arrive. Despite being mailed almost 2 weeks before the big day, this sweet, beautiful, handmade valentine arrived today. It was definitely worth the wait! Even signed by Frazier and including one my favorite foods!

Thank you!


Second, MM&P send our U.S. mail from time to time, but this time it included quite a surprise. Homemade pralines! And although they crossed the ocean and it took a few days, they are delicious. This box was full a few hours ago :)

Thank you too!


And last, this would have arrived yesterday, but I was unable to retrieve it from the mail carrier on her delivery attempt. If you have a chance to stop by my blog tomorrow, I'll explain why.

But for now, you may remember that Jim bought a violin at the Tongeren antique market a while back and he's been learning to play it. I won't say too much, but I think he's doing great.

Anyway, since I couldn't get this package yesterday (see blog tomorrow), I went to the post office to fetch it today. Since the sender placed a value of $50 on it, I got to pay €10 to pick it up.

That's right. When someone mails something to Belgium and there's a value placed on it, Belgium seizes the opportunity to tax it. A no-brainer, really. So I assume the tax on 50 U.S. dollars is €10.

You may notice the CD is entitled "Learn to Play the Fiddle in One Lesson". That must be one helluva lesson. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Frazier is one talented gentleman!

    ReplyDelete